We understand you may have questions. We encourage you to contact us at 888-376-5274 for specific answers to any questions you might have. In the meantime, feel free to browse some frequently asked questions below.
WHAT DOES HOSPICE CARE INCLUDE?
Our services are customized to meet the need of the patient. Some of the services hospice care provides include:
- 24 hour support by phone or personal visit
- Physician Care – Medical Management
- Direct Nursing Care
- Home Care Aides for bathing and other personal services Social Services
- Spiritual Counseling
- Volunteer Services
- Symptom Management (pain & other symptoms)
- Medications related to the pain and symptom management of the Hospice Diagnosis Medical Equipment (wheelchairs, hospital beds, oxygen, etc)
- Medical Supplies (incontinent supplies, nutritional supplements)
- Nutritional Assistance
- Bereavement Support following the patient’s death
WHERE DO YOU GET HOSPICE CARE?
Many people mistakenly believe that hospice is a place you go to receive care at the end of life.
One of the greatest advantages of Solaris care is that our team of nurses, aides and counselors go wherever your home may be, whether that is a residential home, nursing home, assisted living, or a hospital. Many times hospice care may begin in a hospital or other facility and transition to the patient’s home when appropriate.
How Much Does Hospice Care Cost?
Hospice care has been fully covered under the Medicare hospice benefit since 1982. It is also covered under Medicaid and most private insurance plans, with little to no out-of-pocket expense. Contact Us to learn more about any specific insurance or coverages you may have.